Head of Fundraising and Communications
The Welbodi Partnership is seeking to recruit a head of fundraising team to join their growing team. Welbodi was established to support the provision of paediatric care in Sierra Leone. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of a young and dynamic organisation and to gain valuable experience in fundraising and development. The Head of Fundraising will initially be based for one month in Freetown, the capital of Sierra Leone, to gain an in-depth understanding of our work. After that, she/he will relocate to help establish our London office. The Head of Fundraising will work closely with the Welbodi Directors to design and deliver the organization’s fundraising strategy. The Head of Fundraising will also be supported by a team of 2-4 Fundraising Volunteers.
Job Title: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Salary: The Welbodi Partnership is a small voluntary organization, and as such is not able to offer a salary at this stage. However, the Directors hope that successful fundraising will enable the organization to create a paid fundraising position moving forward. Welbodi will be able to cover some expenses, including travel and living expenses in Freetown, and will provide office space in London.
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone for one month, then central London
Full-Time / Part-Time: The job must be full-time for the first month in Sierra Leone, but could be part-time thereafter for the right candidate.
• Develop and implement both long-term and short-term fundraising strategies.
• Supervise a team of 2-4 Fundraising Volunteers.
• Network with high net worth individuals, such as private business people, philanthropists, and celebrities.
• Build relationships with institutional donors.
• Supervise applications to charity trusts.
• Supervise publicity and social media strategy and presence.
• Gather information from the team at the hospital on recent developments, accomplishments, and other figures.
• Respond to basic requests for information as needed.
• Manage the Welbodi Partnership office in Central London.
Welbodi is committed to find the right person to join its dynamic and growing team at a leadership level. The Directors are open to people with different types of background and expertise. A successful candidate must:
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have excellent attention to detail.
• Be self motivated and enthusiastic; able to manage own time and work to deadlines.
• Have an interest in development and the cause that Welbodi represents.
• Have excellent relationship management skills, and be able to communicate with people at all levels of an organisation.
• Have excellent organisational skills.
• Have an ability to condense large amounts of information into concise formats, identifying key information needed.
The candidate may or may not have:
• Experience in marketing, public relations, or communications.
• Experience in fundraising or development.
• Experience in the non-profit sector.
The Welbodi Partnership expects that applicants may include communications professionals with an interest in transitioning to the international development or non-profit field; international development or non-profit professionals with an interest in building their fundraising expertise; and others with skills and enthusiasm who want to help Welbodi build a fundraising and communications strategy from the ground up.
Application Process and Deadlines:
CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Submit applications as soon as possible but no later than 22nd January 2011. Applications will be processed as they are received, so the position may be filled before that date.
For more information visit our website: www.welbodipartnership.org